If you consider buying a home or selling your current home, good research can help you make better decisions. We have created a really nice brochure about both buying and selling. In addition to that, we go over that brochure and tell you all the ins and outs you need to know with every transaction. It sounds cliche, but buying or selling a home is most likely the biggest transactions in your life.
But for you to start, here are some helpful links for real estate in Calgary. Missing something in the list? Let us know! If you have additional questions, any time, contact us via phone, email or our contact form on the right hand side.
- The best realtors in Calgary: look no further! Call Tanja and Ariette at 403 978 5267. Tanja’s Dutch lawyer background gives you an advantage in every transaction.
- Calgary community map: Download the CREB Calgary community map.
- CREB: The Calgary Real Estate Board issues a lot of good information on the housing market in Calgary, including statistics per community, why you should hire a Realtor, buyer and seller resources and more.
- CMHC: The Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation. An incredibly good website with all you need to know and learn about buying and owning a home. Keep this link in your favorites!
- Schools: Calgary Board of Education, The Calgary Catholic School Disctrict, Private Schools
- Police: Great information on the crimes in any community in Calgary. The crime map of Calgary.
- City of Calgary: Obviously. Building permits,swimming pool locations, bylaws, your tax assessment. It all starts with the official website of the City of Calgary.
- Zoning and Land Use Bylaws within the City of Calgary there are two good websites about the explanation of zoning and land use bylaws (LUB)
- Rentfaster: One of the few very good websites if you are looking to rent a house or a condo is Rentfaster.ca
- Kijiji: If you are looking for a home to rent, a service to paint your house or some furniture to fill up a room in your home, Kijiji is very popular.
- RECA: The Real Estate Council of Alberta, or short the RECA is the independent governing authority that sets, regulates and enforces the standards for the real estate industries, including mortgage brokers, property management and the appraisal industry.
- Home inspections: A few websites about and for home inspectors. Canada’s Commercial and Home Inspector Association
- Appraisers: The Appraisers of Canada in the province of Alberta is the AIC.Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors.
- Sold data in your Calgary community: We offer you a monthly email with a snapshot of all the homes that sold in your community. Extremely resourceful and free service from us!